The All-New Subaru XV Crossover has arrived in Ireland
Built on the new Subaru Global Platform which significantly enhances safety, ride comfort, and agility.
- Symmetrical AWD System is standard on all models.
- The Symmetrical AWD System is equipped with X-Mode for enhanced drivability on poor road surfaces and gives real SUV capability.
- Distinctively rugged and sporty design reflects Subaru’s “Dynamic & Solid” design philosophy and greatly enhances interior and exterior quality.
- Subaru’s original EyeSight driver assist technology comes standard on all models, delivering outstanding preventive safety.
Subaru Ireland are delighted to announce the arrival of the all-new XV Crossover, just in time for the new 181 number plate.
The name has stayed the same, everything else has changed — the 2018 Subaru XV Crossover is all-new from the ground up, inside and out and from top to bottom. The changes include a new platform with a new suspension system. A new SUBARU BOXER engine and a new transmission. A redesigned exterior. And a more spacious, more comfortable and more connected passenger cabin. With the value-packed SUV, you have all the benefits of a true crossover (generous ground clearance, ample cargo space, excellent versatility) combined with the advantages of a sporty hatch (crisp response, superior handling, stellar fuel efficiency). And with standard Subaru symmetrical full-time AWD, you have the unique ability to escape from it all at a moment’s notice. The all-new XV Crossover is an even more perfect choice for urban types who crave fun, inside or outside the city limits.
Pricing is extremely competitive, for a model that comes with an array of improvements in safety, refinement and dynamics. Pricings start at €33,495 for the new 1.6i SE Lineartronic CVT automatic, rising to €38,495 for the range topping 2.0i SE Premium Lineartronic CVT automatic.
Main Features of All-New Subaru XV Crossover
Design package is distinctively rugged and sporty, while remaining true to the Subaru identity
Distinctive design unique to the rugged and sporty Subaru XV Crossover reflects Subaru’s Dynamic & Solid design philosophy. The quality of interior and exterior finishes shows a sharp eye for detail, while Subaru’s signature functionality has been taken to all-new levels.
- The Subaru look is seen in the Wide & Low stance with its sporty impression, and in the unified three-dimensional structure extending from the hexagonal grille that symbolizes the Subaru identity to the hawk-eye headlights. The front face plays the role of starting point from which the front flows via the sides to the rear, with each part uniting into a solid form. The powerful form of the hexagonal grille and the matte-black cladding on the front bumper express SUV functionality, underlining the rugged character of the Subaru XV.
- The rich inflection of the character line extending from the front fender to the door panels and rear shoulder, and the line rising energetically toward the rear from the lower door panel, give dynamism to the solid body surface. The powerfully extended fender flares express the reliability of Subaru All-Wheel Drive. The matte-black cladding running from the front bumper over the wheel arches and side sills to the rear bumper creates a dynamic form expressing all the enjoyment to be expected from a crossover vehicle.
- The rear combination lights sharing the same motif as the headlights express a Wide & Low stance similar to the front. The tightened cabin silhouette and powerful shoulders thrusting above the rear combination lights create a nimble, sporty design. Its contrast with the rugged flavour imparted by the black rear spoiler and matte-black cladding on the rear bumper emphasizes the distinctive character of the Subaru XV, which is equally at home in a range of settings.
- The new model also combines the Subaru performance essentials of superior aerodynamics and visibility with advanced styling.
- The aluminium wheels feature a new design embodying the sporty, casual, and rugged character of the Subaru XV Crossover.
- The combination of sporty and advanced design and sophisticated construction delivers an interior that far surpasses its class.
- The spacious design flows from the instrument panel through the door trim for a feeling of refinement.
- The seats’ structures that are made more fitting to the bodies of passengers have been revamped to far surpass the quality of its class. Moreover, breathable seat covering and varying shades of grey emphasize the active character of the Subaru XV Crossover.
- In the centre of the instrument panel is an 8.0-inch touch-screen display for the infotainment system. The system also incorporates Subaru STARLINK and is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible.
- The multifunction display offers a comprehensive range of content. New screen design clearly communicates fun, useful information to all passengers.
- Detailed orange stitching on the instrument panel complements the quality feel while expressing the model’s active character.
- In addition to the enhanced interior design, signature Subaru functionalities have been further strengthened including the excellent all-round visibility, spacious cabin, and cargo room.
- A new, smaller-diameter steering wheel delivers ease of manoeuvrability and snappy steering.
Drivability that combines real SUV performance with dynamic feel
The new Subaru XV Crossover incorporated a number of improvements to achieve enhanced dynamic feel such as a secure and comfortable feel for the driver. Based on the thorough and precise analysis of the steering and pedal feedback, vehicle behaviour, vibration and noise, and other elements that driver senses, the setup realize a dynamic quality that far surpasses its class. At the same time, further enhancement of essential SUV capabilities such as drivability on poor road surfaces masterfully reconciles the conflicting demands placed on crossover vehicles.
Body & Chassis
- The new platform dramatically increases rigidity throughout the body and chassis (a 70% to 100% increase over present models) and incorporates substantial improvements to the suspension system and achieve a lower centre of gravity, bringing about highly responsive steering that allows drivers to control the vehicle precisely as they want. The eradication of unnecessary movement in handling offers superior straight-line stability and cornering performance to grip the road surface while maintaining the ample 220 mm road clearance required of an SUV.
- Optimized frame structure and stronger joints between parts allow the new platform to improve overall torsional rigidity by 70% over present models. This distributes the resonance and distortion throughout the body, greatly reducing vibrations from the steering wheel, floor, and seats. It achieves a quietness that goes beyond vehicle class.
- The new platform increases the rigidity of the suspension mounting, improving the absorption of the suspension without warping the body of the car, and providing a smooth and comfortable drive. By mounting the rear stabilizer directly to the body, the new platform reduces the body roll of the vehicle by 50% compared to present models.
- The steering gear ratio has been quickened from 14:1 to 13:1, further enhancing the Subaru XV’s characteristic strengths as an SUV with agile manoeuvrability.
- Active Torque Vectoring enhances turning and steering performance.
- An electronic parking brake boosts convenience.
- In addition to Subaru’s unique Symmetrical AWD system, the new Subaru XV is equipped with X-MODE, capable of enhancing driving performance on poor roads through optimized integrated control of engine, four-wheel drive, braking, and other functions on slippery surfaces. The hill descent control setting gives drivers greater peace of mind by maintaining low speeds on downhill slopes.
- Around 80% of the parts on the newly developed 2.0-litre direct injection Boxer engine have been completely revamped compared with previous naturally aspirated engines, making the new engine around 12 kg lighter to deliver more power and fuel economy.
- The improved Lineartronic transmission expands ratio coverage from 6.28 to 7.03 and is about 7.8 kg lighter than previous models to boost acceleration and fuel economy. As well as employing auto-step shift control on all models, the Subaru XV Crossover features a 7-speed manual mode function that allows the driver to accelerate as desired.
- Noise and vibration are greatly reduced on both the engine and transmission, for more pleasant sounds and a dynamic feel.
Subaru’s safety performance has continuously been highly rated by third-party organisations. The new Subaru XV Crossover has adopted technologies to further enhance its safety including the new platform and the advanced preventive safety system.
- The new platform achieves a centre of gravity that is 5 mm lower than present models. Together with the major improvements in rigidity and the evolution of the suspension system, this lower centre of gravity offers outstanding hazard avoidance capabilities on a level with a high-performance sports car.
- Thanks to a frame structure that enables more efficient energy absorption in the event of collision and the enhanced body strength resulting from the increased use of high-tensile steel plates including materials formed by the hot press method, impact energy absorption is improved by 40% over present models.
- As a standard equipment, EyeSight, Subaru’s innovative and highly acclaimed driver assist technology, delivers extremely reliable preventive safety and reduces driver burdens through features such as Pre-Collision Braking Control, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Lane Keep Assist function.
- High Beam Assist technology, which uses a monocular camera, is integrated into the interior rear-view mirror. It detects preceding and oncoming vehicles and automatically switches headlights between high and low beam. The automatic antiglare function on the interior mirror uses a sensor to detect strong light from sources such as the headlights of following vehicles and automatically adjusts reflectivity to reduce glare and make night-driving safer.
- Steering Responsive Headlights moves the beam right or left when turning at corners and intersections to illuminate the direction of travel. The Subaru XV Crossover employs the two headlight controls for the first time, dramatically improving night-time visibility and recognition capabilities of EyeSight.
- The Subaru Rear Vehicle Detection has been newly employed, offering blind spot detection, lane change assistance and reversing assistance to enhance all-round preventive safety.
The All-New Subaru XV Crossover has recently won the Grand Prix Award for achieving the highest score on record in Japan’s New Car Assessment Program (JNCAP) crash safety evaluation tests.
Introducing the fun-packed, all-new Subaru XV Crossover. Featuring a combination of stylish urban design and rugged good looks, and new levels of capability to get excited about, it’s the inspiration to live the life you want. Whether it’s a night out on the town or a spur-of-the-moment weekend getaway, the Subaru XV Crossover helps you do all the things you love, in style and in comfort. Every day can and should be, a joyful adventure.
Trims & Specs
There are two trim levels available, in two engine specifications, on the new XV Crossover for Irish buyers – SE and SE Premium – both of which offer very generous levels of standard equipment.
- SE models are equipped as standard with Eyesight, adaptive cruise control, hi-beam assist, Subaru rear vehicle rear detection, automatic LED headlamps and headlamp washers, alloy wheels (1.6 litre models – 17-inch alloy & 2.0 litre models – 18-inch alloy), heated front seats, keyless entry and push-button start, and privacy glass, as well as a 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, incorporating audio, smartphone connectivity and a rear view parking camera. The system also incorporates Subaru STARLINK and is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible.
- SE Premium models add leather seats, satellite navigation, sunroof, and electrically-adjustable driver’s seat for added functionality.
Subaru XV Crossover - Models
1.6i SE CVT
1.6i SE Premium CVT
2.0i SE CVT
2.0i SE Premium CVT